Upcoming Events and Courses
The Records Management Two-Day Workshop will provide the attendee with information on the importance of records management procedures. It will provide participants with a basic understanding of the principles and practices involved with the management of paper and electronic records using international best practices. This workshop is conducted by a highly experienced facilitator who has many years of records management experience.
At the end of this workshop attendees will be able to:
• Identify what types of procedures are necessary to be in place to support a comprehensive records management programme.
• Develop a map of procedures necessary to support their records management programme
• Develop a set of filing procedures for their organization
• Develop a set of circulation and controlled access procedures for their organization
• Develop a set of Hold and Release procedures for their organization
• Develop Transfer and Accessioning procedures for their organization
• Develop Destruction Procedures for their organization
• Develop a comprehensive auditing and monitoring process for their records management programme
This workshop includes a combination of presentations, interactive exercises and case studies so that the attendee will thoroughly understand Information Governance and Records Management procedures and how they should fit into the Records and Information Governance Programme.
Summer Semester I 2018 will commence May 5th, 2018. Register Now
Certification in Taxation
Starts May 12th
The objective of this course is to develop practical knowledge and understanding of various international and regional tax systems, the fundamentals of implementing new tax structures and tax reform strategies, the intricacies of tax administration and tax collection, the rudiments of value-added tax and its implications for the Bahamian economy, and the commercial aspects of taxation law and administration.
Recognition for Service at BIFS 41st Annual Award Ceremony
ICA Certificate in Money Laundering Risk in Betting and Gaming (Bahamas)
The risk of money laundering and terrorist financing within the gambling industry in the Bahamas is significant and growing. This view is recognised by not only the authorities on the islands, but also those within the United States and global organisations like the Financial Action Task Force.
The Bahamas Institute of Financial Services recognized Mr. Derek Rolle for 17 years of ‘service’ as a lecturer in the ABIFS Diploma Programme Service at BIFS 41st Annual Award Ceremony
We also congratulated Mr. Rolle on his recent appointment as Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of the Bahamas.
On behalf of the Executive Council of the Bahamas Institute of Financial Services, we thank you for your commitment to service at the Institute and extend our best wishes for the future in all your endeavors.
Derek Rolle, Deputy Governor of The Central Bank &
Mr. John Rolle, Governor of The Central Bank of The Bahamas